Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activating my apple id?

I erased all content and settings but the apple id that i thought i used to initially set up my ipad is not registering on the new activation. How can I find out what the apple id was for that activation? I only recall ever having one apple id. Can apple help me? Are they able to link my serial number to my name at purchase so I can actually use this ipad?

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 11:30 PM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2015 11:43 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I am the original owner of the ipad. I tried finding my apple id using the site provided but it just sent me an email resetting the apple id I am aware of. my activation screen says "ipad linked to apple id (m.....@gmail.com)" That is the one I am signing in with and then it says "email" cannot be used to unlock this ipad. any resolutions? Could this be a mistake with icloud?

Activating my apple id?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.