Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why the alarm dosn't work when the iphone off?

why the alarm dosn't work when the iphone off?i make alarm then i switch the phone off .but the alarm didn't work .in the past nokia phones it was work

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 3:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 3:54 AM

Because off is off. Unlike dumb phones, the iPhone is basically a computer that can make phone calls. When you put it in standby, processes continue to run. Important processes like maintaining a connection to the cellular network and keeping track of the time. When you shut it off, it's off. Nothing happens when it's off.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2015 3:54 AM in response to ahmedngaty

Because off is off. Unlike dumb phones, the iPhone is basically a computer that can make phone calls. When you put it in standby, processes continue to run. Important processes like maintaining a connection to the cellular network and keeping track of the time. When you shut it off, it's off. Nothing happens when it's off.

Mar 5, 2015 2:41 AM in response to ahmedngaty

"Standby" (or "Sleep" is the phone's normal state when not in use. "Off" is when the phone is totally shut down by holding down the Sleep button the doing the "Slide to Power Off" on the screen.

If you believe it is dangerous to be in the same room as an iPhone, your question is pointless. I suggest you invest in a clockwork alarm clock.

why the alarm dosn't work when the iphone off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.