Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto crashes after added map to photo book

Hi,

I have been creating a photo book in iPhoto (the current version) which I've spent a fair bit of time working on and customising over the last couple of weeks. I had pretty much completed this book when I decided to add a map to one of the pages (the bright green map). It added ok, but when I went to scale it to zoom out a bit it kept crashing iPhoto. I instead tried choosing one of the other themed maps and zoomed out to the distance I wanted. I then thought I would try go back to the bright green map to see if it would work now, it didn't and iPhoto crashed. Now, every time I open iPhoto and click on my photo book it crashes iPhoto without loading the book at all. I can't access or edit the photo book since making this change to the map.

Any support would be greatly appreciated as I've put a fair bit of time into this photo book and am hoping I haven't lost this for good. Even if I am able to just get the page layouts back if possible would be great.

Thanks!

Dan

iPhoto version 9.6-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 1:54 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 3:47 AM in response to roxmysoxdesign

One of the map layouts is causing these crashes. The problem is, that you cannot remove the map, since you cannot open the book for editing.

See this discussion

iPhoto crashing one specific Book Project

Your only hope to save your book is, to restore your iPhoto library from the most recent Time Machine backup you made, before you added the map.

Otherwise delete the book to make the library usable again and start over. You can probably not select the book in the source list to delete it. create two more empty books and drag them directly before and after the broken book. Then select the range of all three books and delete them.

See this post: Re: iPhoto crashing one specific Book Project

iPhoto crashes after added map to photo book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.