Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having trouble with find my iphone , it say it is offline iphone 5s

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 12:17 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 11:39 AM in response to tayfrombronx

Hello tayfrombronx,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you're getting the alert that your iPhone is offline in Find My iPhone, then I'd like you to please check the following information on why this can occur.

This can occur if:

• Your device is powered off, such as when the battery has run out. Note that the remaining battery for the device, if it's connected to the Internet, displays in the upper-right corner of the information pane of the selected device. You can still play a sound on, send a message to, issue a lock request, or initiate an erase of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The command will be received after the device is turned on and regains its Internet connection.
  • Your iPhone’s cellular service has been terminated by your wireless service provider. If you contacted your service provider to report your device lost or stolen before locating your phone, and they deactivated your SIM card or account, this would be expected. If this is the case, you may no longer be able to locate, display a message on, or erase your iPhone. For more information, read about what to do if your device is lost or stolen.
  • Your iPad, iPod Touch, or Mac is asleep and not connected to a known Wi-Fi network. You will still be able to request an erase, send a message to display and lock your device, or request that a sound be played. The command will be processed when your device is awakened and connected to the Internet.

"No location available," "Offline," or "Location Services Off" alerts

This can occur if:

• The date on your device is incorrect. Choose Settings > General > Date & Time to check and set the date.
  • Your iOS device is currently off or not connected to a data network (Edge, 3 or 4G, or Wi-Fi). Wait a few minutes and try again.
  • Your iPad (Wi-Fi only), iPod Touch, or Mac is currently off or not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
  • Location Services is not enabled on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (Settings > Privacy) or on your Mac (Date & Time) preferences. Learn more about Location Services on your Mac:
  • You are located in a country where Apple does not offer this feature. This feature may not be available in all countries due to technical limitations or local law.

iCloud: Troubleshooting Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.