Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an email from "Apple Alerts" Subject: Pending Purchase Notification Your AppleID was used to buy the "H

I received an email from "Apple Alerts" <datareapplesecurity@apple.co.uk>

Subject: Pending Purchase Notification

Your AppleID was used to buy the "H&C" from the iTunes Store on a Personal Computer or device that had not previously been linked to that AppleID.

This purchase was initiated from the following IP: 217.149.115.181 (Volgograd, Russia).

If you made this buying, you can overlook this email. It was emailed to you just to warn you if you did not make the purchase by your own.

If you did not make the operation, we encourage you to verify your AppleID:

Does anyone know if this is a scam? Sound like a scam to me? Thanks Lu

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 1:30 AM

2 replies

Mar 4, 2015 3:55 AM in response to Lu4

It's not from Apple, it's a phishing attempt to try and get your account and payment details - forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

If anybody else sees this thread and is unsure whether an email is genuine or not :

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

I received an email from "Apple Alerts" Subject: Pending Purchase Notification Your AppleID was used to buy the "H

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.