Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't i open a new page in safari when i have one already open but reduced in the dock bar

why can't i open a new page in safari when i have one already open but reduced in the dock bar

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 4:33 AM

You can but Safari must be the active application. If you look up at the menubar to the right of the Apple menu you can see what program is currently 'on top' or 'active'. That's the program that is receiving keypresses and mouse clicks. If Safari is active then Command N or File> New Window should open a new browser window - it did on my computer just now.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2015 4:33 AM in response to burgie1646

You can but Safari must be the active application. If you look up at the menubar to the right of the Apple menu you can see what program is currently 'on top' or 'active'. That's the program that is receiving keypresses and mouse clicks. If Safari is active then Command N or File> New Window should open a new browser window - it did on my computer just now.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.