Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

concerned about unwanted deleting photos from Icloud library

I am testing at this moment the icloud photo library with ios and os.

My biggest concerns are how safe is my photo collection by doing wrong manipulation with the delete function.

Two examples:

- what happen when my ios storage gets full (also when I use the 'optimize storage' function on this device) and I need more space for apps or music. I probably need to delete photos from the device. but in this case, it will delete them also on icloud and on my mac. As I will have my complete photo collection in this library, I need a way to keep them at least on the mac.

- what happen when I delete a photo on my ios device by mistake. It can also be that my little boy watch some photos and then suddenly he delete it. In this case, the photo will be gone everywhere. The only way to recognize this, is by checking every few days the latest deleted photos and in case there is a wrong one, restore it. But this is not really nice and secure.

Even worth is, when you unwanted delete a complete album. in this case, you can not restore the single photos as they were back to a album.

Is there nothing planned to put a security on the ios devices?

thx for your opinions

stoked77

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 1:10 AM

There are no replies.

concerned about unwanted deleting photos from Icloud library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.