Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to restore iPhone from Itunes backup

Back in November, I had an iPhone 5s that I brought into the Apple store because of some issues. They replaced the iPhone 5s but for some reason my photos didn't restore. I really wanted some of those photos so I'm trying to get my photos from a backup. I found a backup on Time Machine that might have the photos so I restored it to the ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup directory. Rather than messing with my iPhone 5s, I decide to try to do the restore on an extra iPhone 4s running 8.1.3.

I reset the iPhone 4s and tried to restore the backup that I had just put in the backup directory. Itunes did not see the backup that I had restored from Time Capsule nor any other backup in that directory. Instead, Itunes gave me several backup options and i have no idea where it is pulling them from. Is there another backup directory that I don't know about.

Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 7:10 AM

There are no replies.

Unable to restore iPhone from Itunes backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.