Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Difficulty downloading episodes" from a weebly powered site

I've read a lot of the similar questions/answers but don't know if those answers apply to mine. I created a new rss feed through feedburner after having issues with my weebly-generated rss, so now the feed is valid, but I don't know if I'm uploading the podcast files wrong because I got the "difficulty downloading episodes" issue with iTunes. What can I do to fix this?

My site is www.soundingthelight.com/podcasts

The feed is http://feeds.feedburner.com/SoundingTheLight-Podcasts

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 7:33 AM

3 replies

Mar 4, 2015 7:55 AM in response to Community User

Your feed has no 'enclosure' tags, containing the URLs of your media files, as required by iTunes. Your media files are referenced in the 'content:encoded' tags but iTunes does not read these. I can't advise on Weebly, and I don't know whether it's possible to get it to produce a proper podcast feed. You may be able to add the 'enclosure' tags using Feedburner's 'Smartcast' facility - you do have other iTunes tags such as 'itunes:subtitle', 'itunes:subtitle' and 'itunes:duration'.

However the image referenced in your 'itunes:image' tag is 800 x 800px and this will not be accepted - it must be 1400 x 1400px (and less than 500kB) or the feed will be rejected.

Mar 4, 2015 8:06 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you for your reply! I'll check into smartcast. I had read the issues about the 1400x1400 size so I changed the image to that, but I guess it somehow changed itself to 800x800, maybe during the upload to the site? I'll see if I can fix that again.

"Difficulty downloading episodes" from a weebly powered site

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.