Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When playing music videos from ITunes in Apple TV, can i also play the sound through Airport speakers And the TV speakers

So here it is, i have an Apple TV (connected WiFi to itunes on Mac 10.6.8) and ideally would like to have the music of the Music Video coming through the TV speakers (front room), and the additional speakers throughout the house which are connected to airport (Bedroom, dinning room etc). I understand that the Mac cannot do this as the media file is not recognised by the Airport. However on the Apple TV it can send the audio to the Airport speakers, BUT, when selecting other speakers, it drops out the sound on the TV. It only seems to be able to do one or the other...NOT BOTH.

Is what i'm asking possible?

AppleTV 2, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 3:03 AM

1 reply

When playing music videos from ITunes in Apple TV, can i also play the sound through Airport speakers And the TV speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.