Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.1.3 - Mail App, Custom Folders - Bug

Everyone,

This is my first post and I hope it includes enough information for some positive feedback. I have scoured the net trying to find this issue with no luck.

I currently use the mail app for my business (Exchange) and personal (IMAP) emails. The core functions of the mail app work correctly however one of the features does not. I can edit my mailboxes view and add mailboxes to the main list. So if one of my accounts is separated into folders with rules to move incoming emails around I can pin that folder to the main view.

This feature looks awesome at first as I am in the IT field and receive hundreds if not thousands of emails over the course of a bad day. This is a photo of what it looks like as a sample when I first set them up.

User uploaded file

However here is an image after a reboot or closing the mail app completely and re opening.

User uploaded file

As you can see more than half of the folders are now disabled. I have narrowed this down to folder nesting. I have so many folders in exchange I started grouping them and nesting folders. It seems that any folders up to folder depth of 3 will work find however I have folders nested to a depth of 5 possibly 6 in some area's. I assume this is a but in the mail app but I am not 100% sure. I assume this could be a quick fix in a later release however I am not sure what merits a bug fix.

Please let me know if anyone else has seen this behavior or if anyone has any fix's available.

Note: Reducing my folder depth level to a max of 4 is not a fix, that is a bandaid.

Thank you

Cody.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 5:11 AM

There are no replies.

IOS 8.1.3 - Mail App, Custom Folders - Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.