Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder quits unexpectedly

Hello,

I have a late 2008 aluminum MacBook running OSX Mavericks. The original 250GB hard drive is almost full so I decided to breathe some new life into this old but reliable MacBook. I upgraded the RAM to 8GB. This was purchased through OWC with their online recommendation. Installation went smoothly and my MacBook recognizes the added RAM and runs perfectly. Next was the installation of a Crucial MX100 512GB SSD. I used SuperDuper to successfully clone my HDD. Once again, installation was a breeze. Upon my initial boot up, everything ran SUPER FAST. I was thrilled. Then shortly after a restart, I began getting the "Finder quit unexpectedly" error message. I would click OK and everything would be fine. Then I restarted again and this message pops up literally every 5-10 seconds. First, all the desktop icons, including the dock, disappear for a second, then reappear, followed by the Finder quit unexpectedly error message again. Any ideas on how to fix this rather frustrating problem?

Thank you in advance.

John Del.

Macbook 2.4, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 6:19 AM

1 reply

Finder quits unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.