Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.3 safari opens unwanted sites

hi to all.

i am having a problem with my iPhone 6. iOS 8.1.3 . i am entering in safari and try to visit some homepages that i used in the past. now it is directing to sites with inappropriate subject or to sites with betting.some other times it opens my apple store and tells me to download a game.

i have also downloaded the google chrome but the same problem with the sites insists. I have erase my iPhone setting and set up as a new but nothing changed.

i can also say that when i am visiting the apple site or twitter site i don't have any problems.

can you please me?

thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, safari

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 5:15 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 6:25 AM in response to kfilippi

This is probably happening because of bad advertising (Ads) on or hacked Ad feeds to those sites. These bad ads are designed to randomly redirect mobile device users to other sites. It has nothing to do with your iPhone. The random nature of the re-directs is intended to confuse the user and keep this garbage below the radar.

Turning OFF Javascript (not Java - the iPad doesn't even run Java) bypasses the problem because the mechanism implementing the redirects uses Javascript. This is not really a solution, however, because turning Off Javascript affects all sites and will certainly cause problems.

Complain to the problem websites to get these ads removed.

iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.3 safari opens unwanted sites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.