Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to edit metadata (title & author details)

I gave my book a working title when I started working on it and now - when it is ready to upload - I appear to be unable to change that title.

I can change the information in the Document panel, but it appears to be impossible to save it. Saving and previewing always shows the original.

Do you know of a workaround for this? It's taken a long time to get to this point, only to find now that the working title is apparently unchangeable.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 5:43 AM

6 replies

Mar 4, 2015 7:21 AM in response to citroenDS

I should add that I tried creating a template of the finished book, expecting in this way to be able to start afresh with the metadata.

Initially this looked as if it might work - when you open the Document panel it does show blank fields. However, when I put in new info and saved it, it still did not appear in the Preview on the iPad. Instead, the original metadata still showed up!

Mar 4, 2015 9:58 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thanks for the reply, Tom - i should have made it clear that I am looking at the preview of the book on the iPad.

When i tap on the iPad screen, and the toolbar drops down at the top, it always shows the original working title & author details - even after effectively starting afresh, with a template version of the finished book (as described above).

I've also tried deleting IBA preferences and cache, to no effect.

Any ideas?

Mar 4, 2015 11:08 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Yes, I have. I've tried previewing the book in 2 ways:

1) preview on iPad from the option in IBA and 2) exporting the file from IBA > desktop on the MBP and then sync > iPad. Neither show the latest metadata.

I've noticed that if I have the Inspector/Document window open when choosing 'Preview on iPad' that all the fields go blank. When i click 'OK' ( to choose iPad) the info is back in place in the data fields. But whatever I try, I always end up with the original working title, not the updated one.

Mar 6, 2015 7:02 AM in response to citroenDS

It turns out that it wasn't anything to do with the Metadata. I had left the original working title on the 1st chapter page (which was mostly hidden in the thumbnails window) and it was this that kept appearing, unchanged, on the iPad toolbar.

I know it sounds pretty basic, but I'd only just completed my first book, and was still new to the software. At least it's not a bug, which is good to know!

how to edit metadata (title & author details)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.