Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maybe you guys can help me? I've read all the other forums and nothin seemed to work. I have an iP4S with ios8.1.3 and my speakers simply don't work. Whenever I go to set my volume, it doesn't even show up as available. It won't let me turn up. Help?

hey, so my speakers on my iP4S don't work. User uploaded fileM

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 6:26 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 7:58 AM in response to ExiT_Shift

Hi. I don't know if this will help, but I had this problem too. Mine quit working after I used earbuds. I was told that there is a switch inside the earbud port that tells the device to divert sound to earbuds. This can get "stuck" and the device keeps thinking the earbuds are plugged in. After reinserting the earbuds a few times, the switch was released and my speakers started working again.

I'm not a techie.... this is just what I found to work after my iPhone 4S speakers quit.

Maybe you guys can help me? I've read all the other forums and nothin seemed to work. I have an iP4S with ios8.1.3 and my speakers simply don't work. Whenever I go to set my volume, it doesn't even show up as available. It won't let me turn up. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.