Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music no longer stops after bluetooth disconnects

I just got a new car about 6 weeks ago, a 2015 Honda Accord. It has Bluetooth and has been working great. Previously, when I turned the car off, the bluetooth would disconnect and whatever music was playing would automatically pause. Also, when it connected it would automatically adjust the volume to whatever it was last time the phone was connected (max volume) and when disconnected it would go back to my iPhone speaker setting.

However, starting about a week ago, that disconnect magic stopped working. Now it continues to play music but you can't hear it through the iPhone speakers, even though the bluetooth says disconnected. Also, if I manually turn down the speaker volume, when I get back in the car, the volume is down and I have to turn it back up. It took me a couple days to figure out why my phone battery was draining so fast and why it was on a random song (and really quiet) every time I got back into the car. It's driving me nuts having to remember to stop the music and deal with the volume. I haven't changed any settings so I don't understand why this suddenly started happening.

Any suggestions? I'm going to try deleting the bluetooth profile and reconnecting next time I'm in the car, but I'd love to know if there's a setting somewhere I've missed.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 6:36 AM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2015 1:05 PM in response to slyfoxesq

Greetings slyfoxesq,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your iPhone is not behaving as expected when connecting and disconnecting from your car’s Bluetooth. In this situation, I would recommend reading over and working through the attached article to help resolve this issue.

iOS: Troubleshooting Bluetooth connections - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

Music no longer stops after bluetooth disconnects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.