Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4s screen is black.

My iPhone 4s suddenly turned black. It still vibrates and makes sounds when I click the screen. The apple logo and low battery warning sometimes appear. I have tried to connect it to iTunes so I can restore it, but iTunes wants me to accept from my phone, which I can't because my screen is black. Is there any way I can restore but keep my data? Mainly because of my vacation pictures.

I have tried to make the iTunes logo appear by holding the sleep/wake and home button down for about 15 seconds, but only the apple logo appears.

Thank you in Advance! 🙂

iPhone 4S

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 5:06 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 12:29 PM in response to Jorunn_Jolla

Hi Jorunn_Jolla,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you have a black screen. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Create and delete iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups in iTunes - Apple Support

What iTunes backs up

Photos (photos, screenshots, images saved, and videos taken) and Saved Photos (in devices without a camera).

If iTunes recognizes the device are you able to backup the iPhone?

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Choose File > Devices > Back up.

Get help with the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you see a solid color screen (black, white or blue)

1. Plug in your device to a power source. If you see the low-battery screen when you plug in, let your device charge for at least 10 minutes (20 minutes for iPad) before using it.
  2. Reset your device while it's plugged in.
  3. If resetting doesn’t fix the issue, restore your device.
  4. If you still see the issue after you restore, contact Apple Support.

Cheers,

Mario

Iphone 4s screen is black.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.