Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.1.1 has stopped working?

Every time I lunch itunes and choose an action such as radio or iTunes Store I get a message saying: iTunes has stopped working. Cannot use it, please help....

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 6:01 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 12:39 PM in response to k23cr

Hey k23cr,

The resource below will provide some steps to try if the iTunes for Windows application is unresponsive. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the article for complete details.

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-lb/HT203206

System-wide troubleshooting

When troubleshooting system-wide issues with iTunes, try these steps:

1. Check for viruses. Windows viruses can interfere with a variety of computer functions, including iTunes.
    1. Make sure that you have current anti-virus software installed with up-to-date virus definitions.
    2. Scan your system.
  2. Check for anti-virus and Internet security software. Internet security software may cause iTunes to quit unexpectedly. Try disabling the Internet security software temporarily or exempting iTunes from any active scanning done by the software. If this resolves the issue, check with the maker of the software for an update to the software or its virus definitions. Learn more about fixing security software issues.
  3. Check for conflicting processes. Sometimes other programs and startup items can conflict with iTunes.
  4. Remove iTunes configuration files. Removing unusable configuration files from iTunes can resolve launch issues.
  5. Check the iTunes installations. An improper installation of iTunes can contribute to a variety of issues. Follow these steps to completely reinstall iTunes.
  6. Update the drivers on your PC. Outdated drivers on your computer can cause strange behavior with iTunes, iPod devices, and other apps. Learn how to update the drivers on your computer.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

- Judy

iTunes 12.1.1 has stopped working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.