Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost ringtones

I had to resest my iphone and when i did the backup restore my ringtones where not there. I went to the itunes backup i did and only 3 ringtones where there. I have purchased more than that over the years. HOw do I recover those lost ringtones?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 6:05 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 6:15 AM in response to Tracypope98

Ringtones are not included in a device's backup (no iTunes download is), an iTunes restore would look to pick them up from the Tones part of your iTunes library.

If you don't have copies of them in your iTunes library or on your backup of your downloads/library, then if they are still in your country's store (and you haven't changed counties since buying them), then you could try contacting iTunes Support and see if they will grant you a redownload : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

If not already doing so then you should be keeping and maintaining a backup copy of all of your downloads. Tones and audiobooks are one-time only downloads, other items are only redownloadable whilst they remain in the store and you don't move countries.

lost ringtones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.