Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does the psk.txt file located in the raccoon folder mean that there is a secret account on my computer

This is what the file shows

# IPv4/v6 addresses

# 10.160.94.3 asecretkeygoeshere

# 172.16.1.133 asecretkeygoeshere

# 3ffe:501:410:ffff:200:86ff:fe05:80fa asecretkeygoeshere

# 3ffe:501:410:ffff:210:4bff:fea2:8baa asecretkeygoeshere

# USER_FQDN

# macuser@localhost somethingsecret

# FQDN

# kame hoge

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 9:39 AM

There is no secret account on your Mac.

The '#' symbols in the psk.txt file are comments. So, your system, like mine, has an unused psk.txt file. Racoon is a key management daemon used in the setup and maintenance of IPSEC (secure) tunnels for network traffic. If either of us were doing this, the psk.txt file would have non-commented entries in it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2015 9:39 AM in response to tlouie813

There is no secret account on your Mac.

The '#' symbols in the psk.txt file are comments. So, your system, like mine, has an unused psk.txt file. Racoon is a key management daemon used in the setup and maintenance of IPSEC (secure) tunnels for network traffic. If either of us were doing this, the psk.txt file would have non-commented entries in it.

does the psk.txt file located in the raccoon folder mean that there is a secret account on my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.