Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't activate airdrop on macpro

when i click on the airdrop icon in finder it gives me the airdrop page but it doesn't give me the option of connecting with everyone, contacts etc

any thoughts why this might be happening?

thanks

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 8:00 AM

What are you seeing?

Did it work before?

Is anyone with AirDrop nearby?

have yo seen the troubleshooting included here:

Mac Basics: AirDrop lets you send files from your Mac to nearby Macs and iOS devices - Apple Support

8 replies

Mar 4, 2015 2:25 PM in response to lllaass

I've never used it before. Just upgrade to iphone 6plus and started playing around with the feature.

when it iphone is sitting next to the computer with it set to everyone nothing happens.

i guessing under the blue icon i should see settings for everone or contacts??

ill take a look at the link.

thanks

User uploaded file

Dec 16, 2015 5:26 PM in response to DPArt

I am having the same problem with Yosemite. The screen shows up the same as the above. Another MacBook running OS X 10.9.5 will show a radar scan running in the sidebar and shows the user photo at the bottom of the screen which seems to indicate it is active, but Yosemite does not show this.

Additionally, Macbook running OS X 10.9.5 shows the user iCloud ID in the user info in system preferences, but Yosemite does not. However, I cannot find a way to get Yosemite to work.

Jan 7, 2016 1:13 AM in response to ODog

Since nobody seemed to know the answer to this, I dug into the issue a bit more. Here is what I discovered in general:

1. Need to look into "sharing" in system preferences. When I enabled sharing of one (I selected bluetooth), then it showed up on each other.

2. You will not have the other airdrop options unless your computer can airdrop to iOS devices. This is what a service engineer told me when I sent a MacBook in to reinstall OS X.

So now my MacBooks can see each other.

can't activate airdrop on macpro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.