Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does master file export override the display quality setting?

I'd like to know if I perform the share media (master file export), FCP 10.1.4 will default to max quality regardless of the display setting is at (better quality or performance) right?

What if I forgot to choose Optimized/Original and chose the Proxy option? Will it give any warning or actually use the lower quality proxy media during export?

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 8:03 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 9:20 AM in response to Lonewolf2Koc

The display setting has nothing to do with your export. It is only a concession within fcpx so the latter does not use too much of your computer's resources during editing or post production in general. Your export will be of the same quality as your original clips plus changes you have made yourself (in colour for example).

If you create proxies during import and edit using them, you will need to switch to optimised/original media before you export your final video. If you don't then the export will be of the "proxy" variety. You can always check the quality of your export in the "Master File>Settings" pop up box

Does master file export override the display quality setting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.