Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon MP600 printer no longer working with Yosemite

I have an iMac, Mid 2011 with OS X Yosemite Version 1010.2 installed. It has 4gb of memory and a 2.7GHz Intel Core i5 processor. Of my 1TB of storage I have 934.81 GB free.

Since returning from a recent holiday my Canon Pixma MP600 printer has not been recognised by my iMac and I am no longer able to print from it. It did work with Yosemite before I left and I have been unable to restore the printer on the on the Printers and Scanners list. I have tried to uninstall the printer software and go back a step to install it with OS Mavericks but having gone through that process once it did not work.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 7:34 AM

4 replies

Mar 11, 2015 9:22 AM in response to trev1124

Hi trev1124

I have tried a number of ways to reinstall my printer but it does not appear in the drop down menu under Printers and Scanners and no matter what I seem to do will it come up. I am just about at my wits end with this. Short of binning my current printer (which was working perfectly well by the way) and buying a new one I do not know what else to do.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would be most grateful.

Canon MP600 printer no longer working with Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.