Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do text boxes not overflow onto the next page?

When I use text boxes or tables they do not overflow onto next page? Can this be fixed?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 8:45 AM

4 replies

Mar 4, 2015 9:19 AM in response to JoshMGB

Text boxes and shapes are object containers that cannot be split over page boundaries.

In Pages v5, if you want a table to expand contiguously across a page boundary, then the Arrange tab must have Object Placement set to Move with Text, and any Text Wrap option that suits your goals, can be set. Any Stay on Page Object Placement setting will stop the table at the origin page boundary.

Mar 4, 2015 10:00 AM in response to VikingOSX

I changed the Text Wrap to 'move with text'. This moved the text box down a page - leaving a large area of blank space on the previous page under the body text. I moved the text box back up into previous page, just below the body text but this only lead to the same issue. The text box was not overflowing onto the next page, meaning that the botton of the text box was hidden.

i I have played around with the other text wrap options with no luck. It's odd since my tables are overflowing but not the text boxes!

Why do text boxes not overflow onto the next page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.