Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fleet phones: Why must each user have their own App Store account?

I've purchased roughly 25 iPhones for my employees and am trying to lumber through the tedious process of managing these as fleet assets. There are a handful of mission-critical apps I'd like to deploy. I've signed up with an MDM platform (Bushel). I've enrolled in both of Apple's fleet programs (VPP and DEP). And, still, I'm running into precisely the obstacle I'm needing to get around: the requirement that every user has their own individual App Store account, with a Credit Card number on file, etc.

Why must this be? These are company-owned phones. Most of my employees are unionized and, quite frankly, the union is none too happy about the nature of the apps I'm deploying (which have to do with GPS tracking and time/attendance). I simply cannot require my union employees to sign up for an account in their names and require a credit card number.

Even lowly Blackberry figured this out a long time ago. If Apple is going after more fleet business, they need to become more fleet friendly.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 8:12 AM

There are no replies.

Fleet phones: Why must each user have their own App Store account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.