Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy pictures directly from iPod 5?

Hi. Please help. My daughter forgot her passcode to her iPod and the photos aren't backed up.😢

I need to copy the photos from the iPod to my laptop. I am able to do this with my iPhone 4s through windows explorer (even when the iPhone is disabled). All I do is open windows explorer, click on the iPod drive listed under "computer," open the file, select pictures and drag & drop to copy... it's that simple. But my daughter's iPod 5th gen does not show up in my list of drivers within windows explorer.

How can I get the pictures transferred or copied to my computer without syncing through iTunes (and the cloud isn't an option because she has too many pictures)?

This is all she cares about saving and I've spent 3 days entering in codes trying to find the right passcode and I'm not excited about doing this through all 10,000 possible combinations. Please help!!!! 😕

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 7:45 AM

4 replies

Mar 4, 2015 7:52 AM in response to KRShepherd

Sounds like her iPod was never synced to your computer. If so that is why it is not accessible on your computer. It is part of the screen-lock security feature. security feature.

- Maybe from the restored iPod via

How to perform iPad recovery for photos, videos

Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS: iPhone Data Recovery - Wondershare Official

http://www.amacsoft.com/ipod-data-recovery.html

- Maybe a data recovery company can help.

Mar 4, 2015 8:13 AM in response to lllaass

Hi. Thanks for the links. The iPod was synced to the computer and the last backup was to the computer through iTunes (but that was a while back and her pictures are recent). I'd appeared to allow me to backup to the computer when it was first disabled, but who knows what is really backed up there.

I'll look through the links to see if I can find anything to help.

With all the posts about disabled devices, you would think that there would be a feature in iCloud to remotely disable the passcode. I mean, if iCloud can completely wipe the device, why can't it be used to reset/disable the passcode? Seems odd and it would save hundreds of people headaches.

oh well, back to typing in passcodes.....

How to copy pictures directly from iPod 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.