Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Many Missing Events after "Update Projects and Events...

After "Update Projects and Events..." in iMovie 10.0.6, I am missing many, many events that are in my "iMove Events" folder, for use in iMove 9. All of the missing events are files from an analog 8mm camera that I had previously date-and-time-corrected in iMovie 9. All the files show up in the correct chronological order, under the proper year, in iMovie 9. Strangely, if I select "Package Contents" for the new iMove 10 file, the missing events are visible. They just aren't visible from the iMovie 10 program itself. As an example, I have 27 Events from the year 1987, all visible in iMovie 9. Only 7 of them are visible in iMovie 10. Another strange behavior is that, although the iMove 10 cursor is not spinning, when I go to Quit the program, the beach ball cursor spins and eventually brings up a dialog box: “Are You Sure you Want to Quit? “Tasks that are currently in progress will not be completed." So I “Cancel” but this goes on forever. Eventually I have to Quit. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 9:23 AM

3 replies

May 1, 2015 7:54 AM in response to Pablo Kent

A further discovery, although no solution is at hand: I have discovered that the missing events are all events that have multiple clips in the labeled event folder within the iMovie Events folder. In other words, if the Event contains one clip, it correctly Updates in iMovie 10, including the date and time that was modified in iMovie 9. If there is more than one clip, the event is not visible at all iMovie 10; hence it is missing. Just incredible that these numerous multi-clip events are visible and editable in iMovie 9, and in fact were edited in iMovie 9, but are missing completely in iMovie 10. And Apple will not even acknowledge the bug that persists now for well over a year.

May 1, 2015 10:03 AM in response to Pablo Kent

Another update: After further investigation, the iMovie 10 Events are not missing. They are in the Year folder from the date of the file, not the date and time that was changed in iMovie 9. So I have a workaround, albeit a time consuming one. I can manually go to Events with the erroneous dates and times, and change them as I did in iMovie 9. And hope when or if a newer version of iMovie comes out, I won't need to repeat the process a third time.

I am the only replying to my own thread, but I'll document just the same, in case it helps someone with a similar situation. And there must be quite a few.

Many Missing Events after "Update Projects and Events...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.