Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movie how to make a copy

I have a Movie in my Project File made in Sept 2009. Lasts about 12 minutes. I can open it on my Mac late 2006 Version10.7.5 2.33 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 3 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM, and it plays as well as ever, no worries.

Now I want to make a copy for a friend, and I follow the instructions "Share" I first get a message to say that there will be Missing Media --- 2 items of 'music' and 2 of 'applause,' Neither of these is important so I take the next step - continue -

and I get the message "unable to export movie because of an error "(– 50)".

What is –50 and what do I have to do to complete the "Share" process. ? Many thanks for your guidance.

Eric

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 8:54 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 12:29 PM in response to Eric Dalzell

Error -50 usually means that there is a corrupted clip somewhere in the project. Sometimes one can create a new project then select all and paste into the new project and the new project will work. Other times you have to try splitting the movie into two parts and sharing each - usually one half will work and the other will fail. Splitting up the failed half and sharing again will eventually allow to find the problem clip.

Geoff.

Movie how to make a copy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.