Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes doesn't recognise my iPhone 5

Hey I downgraded my iTunes version from 11.x to 10.x and it stopped detecting my phone. I don't want to update my iTunes because it looks terrible with that red icon and in-app design. Why does Apple always do this? The latest update doesn't mean it's the best update you guys gotta learn it. Anyway, are there any ways to solve this problem except for updating iTunes?

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 9:15 AM

6 replies

Mar 4, 2015 9:48 AM in response to brky741

Restarting is only one of the troubleshooting steps in that article. Are you indicating that you have gone through all of them and followed the instructions provided?

If you have, then you are at a point where you need to contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Store. You will notice that the article indicates that you should have updated software, so it is entirely possible that it is the older version of iTunes that is causing the issue. (and BTW - iTunes is at version 12 now, so you downgraded two versions back).

You can always try upgrading iTunes again and see if the issue goes away. If it does, then you have your answer. If it does not, then the device needs to be looked at by Apple.

Cheers,

GB

Mar 4, 2015 10:42 AM in response to gail from maine

It would be odd if I updated my iTunes (as written in the article) even though I want to solve this problem NOT by updating.

My iTunes version was 11.x not 12.x. I used 12.x version when my Mac was running OSX Yosemite. I downgraded to Mavericks and so my iTunes was automatically downgraded to 11.x. I didn't like 11.x either because its logo was blue-white not blue-black. iTunes 10.x has more user friendly interface, too. This is why I instist on using it. And I also know that what causes this problem is my iTunes version. I want to solve it in THIS version.

Mar 4, 2015 11:38 AM in response to brky741

What iOS are you running on your device? If you are running iOS 8, the it is likely that you will not be able to use iTunes 10, which seems to be demonstrated by the fact that you can sync the device to iTunes 11 or 12. (BTW - I'm running Mountain Lion and iTunes 12 - iTunes 12 is not specific to Yosemite).

You can contact iTunes Support if you wish:

iTunes Support WorldWide

Cheers,

GB

iTunes doesn't recognise my iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.