Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to download iPhoto compatible with Snow Leopard 10.6.8

I want to download iPhoto compatible with Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Which is the suitable version?

iMac (20-inch Late 2006), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 10:15 AM

9 replies

Mar 4, 2015 10:21 AM in response to rongard

Do you already own a version of iPhoto '11?

You need an installer for iPhoto '11, version 9.x.x, and then update to iPhoto 9.2.3 or 9.2.4 from the Support page: see this download link for the update: iPhoto 9.2.3

But you cannot download the necessary full installer for the initial version of iPhoto '11, you can only download updates, not upgrades. If you do not yet have an installer, buy an iLife '11 DVD from Amazon or eBay.

Mar 4, 2015 11:24 AM in response to léonie

Thanks. No I don't own a version of iPhoto11, although I was using iPhoto on my iMac Duo2 (late 2006) - operating system Lion or Mountain Lion I seem to remember - until the hard drive packed up. A few days ago I bought a Snow Leopard installation DVD from Apple Shop online and yesterday successfully put it on a My Passport for Mac external drive (£49 from Maplin), a much cheaper option than replacing the internal hard drive. No-one from Apple Support had suggested this!!!

Everything is working fine but I am missing my iPhoto. iTunes downloaded free online works well. I have a packed-full Iomega portable hard drive which I had backed up using Time Machine for the past several years.

Do you think I could get a compatible iPhoto from this?

Mar 4, 2015 11:25 AM in response to Niel

Thanks. No I don't own a version of iPhoto11, although I was using iPhoto on my iMac Duo2 (late 2006) - operating system Lion or Mountain Lion I seem to remember - until the hard drive packed up. A few days ago I bought a Snow Leopard installation DVD from Apple Shop online and yesterday successfully put it on a My Passport for Mac external drive (£49 from Maplin), a much cheaper option than replacing the internal hard drive. No-one from Apple Support had suggested this!!!

Everything is working fine but I am missing my iPhoto. iTunes downloaded free online works well. I have a packed-full Iomega portable hard drive which I had backed up using Time Machine for the past several years.

Do you think I could get a compatible iPhoto from this

Mar 4, 2015 11:36 AM in response to rongard

I have a packed-full Iomega portable hard drive which I had backed up using Time Machine for the past several years.

Try it. Open your Applications folder and then open Time Machine. Go back in time, until you are seeing early versions of iPhoto, before version iPhoto 9.3. Then restore the app.

But there may be items that you need to restore from the system library as well, book themes and Print themes. I cannot check this right now, because I am having Yosemite in my Mac. I hope Niel can point out the items in /Library that need restoring.

I want to download iPhoto compatible with Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.