Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the entry level Macbook Pro 15" 2015 fast enough for Final Cut Pro X?

I am trying to decide which Macbook Pro 15" to buy to run Final Cut Pro X. I am on a budget so I would like to get the cheaper of the 2 15" models. However I would like to know if the cheaper one could handle FCPX well. Thx!

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 10:31 AM

8 replies

Mar 4, 2015 12:57 PM in response to Ian R. Brown

Just visit the FCPX marketing and puffery pages to see the list of compatible and minimum Mac systems. Pick one that fits your budget and desired form factor. Add more RAM, as much as you can afford, since it's difficult or impossible to add some later.

Be sure you understand what it's like to edit video on a laptop. It blows. You may want to think about a Mac mini or a used or refurbished iMac if you like the larger displays and don't absolutely NEED a portable workstation.

Is the entry level Macbook Pro 15" 2015 fast enough for Final Cut Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.