Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to iTunes library

I have a 3rd gen Apple TV and primarily use it just for iTunes library on my desktop. Up until a few weeks ago, it connected fine. Now it refuses to connect to the iTunes library. If by miracle it connects, it disconnects after a period of time. This week I have been unable to connect at all. The iTunes library is on a desktop running Windows 7 and is stored on an external Seagate harddrive currently (it is too large for the internal desktop harddrive).

I am able to stream the photos from the desktop to the TV. The Apple TV states to turn on home sharing. It is turned on. I've turned it off and turned it back on with no luck. I've shut down iTunes and restarted it with no luck. I'm running the most current updates on everything.

There is another Apple TV in the basement pulling off the same desktop iTunes library. Not always at the same time.

Does anybody out there have any suggestions on other things I can try?

Thanks!!!

Apple TV, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 9:45 AM

1 reply

Unable to connect to iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.