Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Recover Window 7 Booting after a Yosemite 10.10.2 Reload

I was working with Apple Technicians to solve a problem that showed up with Yosemite 10.10.2 . They finally gave up and asked me to reload the hard drive with OS X 9. . I reloaded using Time Machine backups. Everything worked and I let Apples software update program update the operating system to 10.10.2 . In the process of reloading, I lost the ability to boot to Windows 7. The window icon never comes up when you boot with the option key depressed.

The bootcamp partition shows on the desk top and the files are apparently good. My question is ' Is there a way to recover booting to Windows without destroying the bootcamp partition?'

Thanks

PowerBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Powerbook Pro

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 10:52 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 11:03 AM in response to dscruggs

If you can post the output of the following Terminal commands, a prognosis can be provided. 😉

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

For "sudo" commands, you will be prompted for your password, which will not be echoed back. "sudo" will also warn about improper usage and potential data loss resulting from such "abuse".

How to Recover Window 7 Booting after a Yosemite 10.10.2 Reload

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.