Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone keeps reconnecting to macbook

Hi there,

I've got a iPhone 5s and a 2013 Macbook air (yosemite, 128gb) and whenever I plug in the usb cable to connect the two it often (but not always) spends a few minutes seemingly connecting then disconnecting before working consistently. The funny thing is this exact same problem happened with my iPhone 4s, so I can rule out the cable (of which i've tried many to be sure) and the phone - mentioned it to my housemate who also has a 2013 Macbook air and he has the exact same problem so I can rule out the macbook as well.

You'd be helping us both out with an utterly infuriating problem if you can shed any light and be assured of my eternal (if not just long-term) gratitude.

A thousand thank-you's,

Tim

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 10:53 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 2:26 PM in response to timothyrobin

Greetings timothyrobin,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are experiencing disconnects when you connect your iOS device to your computer via USB. In this situation, even though you have already done some great troubleshooting, I would suggest reading over and working through the steps in the attached article.

iTunes: Resolve USB-related alerts - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

iphone keeps reconnecting to macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.