Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My husband's iPhone 6's mute switch slides to mute position while in his pocket. Is there a way to disable it or a case that would make it not move?

My husband's iPhone 6 has a mute switch (or ringer switch) that randomly slides to the mute position while in his pocket. Is there a way to disable this switch? Or does anyone know of a case that would protect this switch enough to keep this from happening. It is very irritating.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 10:22 AM

4 replies

May 29, 2017 8:29 AM in response to firetones

I had the same problem. I clipped off the end of a paper clip and inserted it into the switch so the switch could not shift position. Then I took a small piece of clear tape (I used the strong tape for closing boxes) and put it over the switch to keep the little piece of metal from falling out. Lastly, I put the case back on which covered most of the tape, keeping it in place. I realize this solution has an "I know an old woman who swallowed a fly" quality to it, but so far it is working.

My husband's iPhone 6's mute switch slides to mute position while in his pocket. Is there a way to disable it or a case that would make it not move?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.