Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

corrupt files

Hey!

When I try to sync my ipod touch, it keeps coming up for "space reqiured: 8GB" even though I only have 1000 songs and no apps on my 16GB device. I've done some research and I think what the problem is that most of my music may be corrupt and therefore appearing as 'other' when I look at whats on it on other software outside of itunes. So does anyone know good ways of romoving the corrupt...ness to actual music files so my device can sync with enough space?

Thanks!

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 9:35 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 10:15 AM in response to KinLNick

In general the following steps should resolve sync issues and free up excess "other" on the device.

1. Backup device.
  2. Restore as a new device.
  3. Restore the backup taken earlier.

You should probably copy off the contents of the camera roll first unless you have Photo Stream set up and it reliably captures everything. It also assumes that all media content on the device is in your library. If that might not be the case see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device.

tt2

corrupt files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.