Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix

Hello All,

Must I use Netflix to see or hear anything via AppleTV?

Or can I simply feed content via a Macbook Pro direct through an Ethernet cable connected to AppleTV?

I would appreciate clarification 🙂

GeTe

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 11:22 AM

6 replies

Mar 5, 2015 12:06 PM in response to vazandrew

Basically Vaz I want look at other "normal" TV stations who have their own video recording of programs that one might have missed, or want to see again.

I didn't expect to have to go through iTunes just do this. An additional disappointment was finding, for instance, that PBS was not available in this country . or so a info panel told me! There is a very strict performing rights company here in Germany (GEMA) that vetoes much of what is available on YouTube for example... Not that the majority of pop-garbage interests me anyway!!

But if I can feed some radio or TV programs by wireless, then perhaps I can hear/see something different from the low standard boring stuff that is on daily offer - with the exception of Bavarian Radio 4🙂

So what is the routine for doing that ? maybe there's an info page somewhere.

Thank you for being so patient with this old 1925er!!

Have a good evening

GeTe

Mar 5, 2015 3:13 PM in response to George Todd

That's going to be hard to do, the cable companies hold the monopoly on that as they want you to pay a premium to them. That being said you don't have to go through Itunes for everything.

There are other native services, these are what is available for your location

http://store.apple.com/de/buy-appletv/appletv

If you find content on your computer, you can mirror your display to Apple TV. Native use will require a Mac from 2011 or later running OSX 10.8 or later. For older hardware there are 3rd party programs like airparrot. If you have an iPhone or iPad you can use airplay or mirror from there as well

About AirPlay Mirroring in OS X - Apple Support

Netflix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.