Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of a sudden calendar not syncing

I have been syncing my calendar with my MacBook Air, iPhone 6 and iPad for years.. Now the syncing has stopped. I did start using the cloud for file saving but I don't see why that would a problem. Any ideas?

iPad 2, iOS 10.8.2

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 11:37 AM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2015 10:55 PM in response to bobfromanchorage

My problem is that I can't get my local Calendar to allow me to create an iCloud calendar. The only option I have is to create an "on my Mac" calendar. In the past, when I would create a new calendar from the file pull down I would have the option of "On my Mac" or "iCloud." Now all I get is "On my mac." My problem starts before I even try syncing with the cloud. ICloud sync's fine with my iPad and my iPhone.

Apr 30, 2015 11:07 PM in response to bobfromanchorage

I'm not sure if this will help you, but I will share with you in case it does.

In summary:

Apparently, the iCloud email account has to be turned on in the Mail app on the iPad Air for the Calendar to sync with iCloud!

Why? I don't know.

What happened:

I recently lost all entries in the Calendar on my iPad Air.

Checkled all settings for iCloud and Calendar on the iPad Air. All iCloud selections were turned on.

Checked online forums. No solution found.

Then I remembered:

Last week, I removed my iCloud email account from my Mail function to keep things tidy, since I do not use the iCloud email account. Instead, I use the email service from the local ISP.

After that, I did not use Calendar function on iPad Air for a few days, therefore did not realize that this caused all Calendar entries to disappear.

(Calendar works ofine n my iPhone.)

I have just added my iCloud email Account back into the mail afunction. Right away, all iCloud Calendar entries showed up.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

All of a sudden calendar not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.