Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlocked iphone 5s on virgin

Just bought iphone 5s from Apple. Contacted Virgin to tell them what I was doing and they sent me the appropriate SIM. Unfortunately when the SIM is in the phone I get "No Service" message. I've gone into Carrier and turned off Auto then selected Virgin (and tried each of the other networks in turn) but still no good. Any ideas? Looked like the envelope containing the SIM had been opened so could the SIM have got damaged? Please don't tell me I can't put a Virgin sim in an Apple supplied phone! 😢

iPhone 5s

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 12:46 PM

6 replies

Mar 6, 2015 9:48 AM in response to wegras

Sorry, Virgin UK.

Problem now solved and all down to me notreading the instructions properly. The girl at virgin said when the sim arrives put it in the new phone then send a text message saying "ready" to the number given in the paperwork and it'll cancel the old sim and activate the new one so like an idiot I was trying to send the text from the new sim when the instructions (if I'd bothered to read them properly) said from the old sim, but being male I didn't read the instructions other than to get the number I had to text to. What makes it worse is it took a woman 30 seconds to ask for the instruction paper and tell me where I was going wrong - doh

unlocked iphone 5s on virgin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.