Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving calls from another number

I upgraded my wife's iPhone 5 to 8.1.3 yesterday. Since then, when someone calls her phone, it rings, but if she doesn't answer, the call is forwarded to my iPhone 4s (my phone displays "from your iPhone" under the incoming number. Neither phone has call fowarding enabled. How can I stop this behavior?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 2:31 PM

Hi btipping,

From your description, it sounds like you may have inadvertently activated the Phone Calls feature of Continuity in iOS 8, especially if both phones are sharing the same iCloud/FaceTime/Apple ID account. If that is the case, you may find the information outlined in the following article helpful (under the Phone calls heading), including where to turn this feature off (under Settings > FaceTime > iPhone Cellular Calls):

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2015 2:31 PM in response to btipping

Hi btipping,

From your description, it sounds like you may have inadvertently activated the Phone Calls feature of Continuity in iOS 8, especially if both phones are sharing the same iCloud/FaceTime/Apple ID account. If that is the case, you may find the information outlined in the following article helpful (under the Phone calls heading), including where to turn this feature off (under Settings > FaceTime > iPhone Cellular Calls):

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Receiving calls from another number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.