Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have to keep reassigning my midi controller

II'm using two edirol pcr 800,s every time I restart mainstage I have to reassign the midi controls ,mainstage remembers the mappings internally, but I have to assign the faders etc . any suggestions would be most welcome

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 12:34 PM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2015 4:38 AM in response to Blueberry

I don't know if its any help but what I did was create two External devices in the Midi Devices window using AddDevice. These I called 'top keys' and 'bottom keys' (or words to that effect). Then I connected them to the appropriate midi input that was the real hardware (click drag cursor between the out and in to create a connection I think). I actually did this in case I use different keyboards, because then I wouldn't need to change any assignments in MS but simply re-route in the Midi Devices window. Anyway, I'm wondering if this idea would help you to keep your assignments?

I have to keep reassigning my midi controller

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.