Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repetitive internet failure

My iphone 5 has been suffering from repetitive internet failure for a long time. I lost hope that a new update gonna fix it. It's now with the newest version of ios, 8.1.3. But the problem actually started much earlier.

About once a week, at a totally random time, all the internet function suddenly stop working. The wifi signal mark still works. It shows full signal when I connected to a wifi and low signal when I move away. A loading circle run forever if you try using any internet related function. I can still disconnect and reconnect to any network but no data can really come through after connected. It happens for my wifi at school, at home and at my friends' house. So it's not dependent on any specific wifi connection. When it happens, it will not switch to LTE automatically. Just loading forever. If I turn off wifi manually, the 3G network won't work either. The wifi mark becomes LTE, but still not a single bit data come through. The only way to solve it is to reset network setting. Once I do that, everything seems back to work, except it fails again within a week.

I'm wondering is it a hardware problem instead of software? It's really getting more an more annoying.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 12:32 PM

9 replies

Repetitive internet failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.