Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching podcast RSS feed

I recently got my podcast approved and put onto the iTunes store. It's currently being hosted on Podomatic, but I've uploaded the exact same content to Soundcloud and been approved for an RSS feed there. My Podomatic RSS feed is currently what's being used on iTunes, but is there any way I can switch over to my Soundcloud RSS feed without resubmitting and recreating the podcast all over again? It seems that Soundcloud would be a better hosting site because it's free, the interface is aesthetically better, and I think it has more storage, whereas with Podomatic I believe I only get 500 mb of storage total, which means I'd have to archive old episodes elsewhere once I get beyond that limit. This is what I get for being impatient I guess. Please let me know if you have any guidance!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 2:20 PM

In order to move to a different feed you have to add a special tag to the original feed and leave it in place for a couple of weeks. You may well find you can't do this with Podomatic (who will have no interest in helping you to leave them) in which case you will have to email Support at podcasts@apple.com and ask them to move it for you. The full details of all this are here:

http://wilmut.uk/move

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2015 2:20 PM in response to sasquatchgirl

In order to move to a different feed you have to add a special tag to the original feed and leave it in place for a couple of weeks. You may well find you can't do this with Podomatic (who will have no interest in helping you to leave them) in which case you will have to email Support at podcasts@apple.com and ask them to move it for you. The full details of all this are here:

http://wilmut.uk/move

Switching podcast RSS feed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.