Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A very good friend of mine dropped her iphone into water and now it is not working.Her husband recently passed away and text messages from him and from well wishers after his decease are feared lost. Is there any way to retrieve them?

A very good friend of mine dropped her iphone into water and now it is not working.Her husband recently passed away and text messages from him and from well wishers after his decease are feared lost. Is there any way to retrieve them?

I suggested contacting Compub in Nassau St as the info is priceless and worth the trouble of trying to regain?

Any thoughts? The poor lady is very distress

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 12:04 PM

If she has backed up her iPhone she can replace that iPhone and set up the new iPhone from her backup.

You can put the iPhone that went into water into a plastic baggie with either new silica gel packets (preferred) or raw rice and let it sit for 4 - 5 days. After that time remove the phone and connect it to power for at least a half hour. While it is still connected to power reset it by holding down the power and hold button, wait for the Apple logo then let go of the buttons. Might take several tries. If it revives immediately back it up.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2015 12:04 PM in response to leonardfromlucan

If she has backed up her iPhone she can replace that iPhone and set up the new iPhone from her backup.

You can put the iPhone that went into water into a plastic baggie with either new silica gel packets (preferred) or raw rice and let it sit for 4 - 5 days. After that time remove the phone and connect it to power for at least a half hour. While it is still connected to power reset it by holding down the power and hold button, wait for the Apple logo then let go of the buttons. Might take several tries. If it revives immediately back it up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.