Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac connects to the Internet fine, but Sarfari, chrome, and Firefox will not work. Nor will programs that connect to the internet

This problem has been going on for a few days. my computer connects to the internet fine and runs fine, but none of my Internet browsers will work. I have deleted all my history, cache, cookies etc. For all browsers. I have also made sure that i have no proxies on and that no firewall is blocking my Internet. I have ran virus scans to look for malware and nothing comes up... I'm very confused.

For chrome I get errors like "err_socket_not_connected", "err_connection_closed", and "err_empty_response"

for safari it just says "safari can't open the page because safari can't establish a secure connection to the server"

please help me if you know anything! Thank you in advanced

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 11:34 AM

1 reply

My mac connects to the Internet fine, but Sarfari, chrome, and Firefox will not work. Nor will programs that connect to the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.