Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring photos from iphone to Windows pc

Hi

Just inherited my wife’s iphone 4s which now has my sim (sim only contract).

Have eventually set up my own mail accounts, itunes, icloud etc etc etc. The phone has many photos in the preset albums (Camera roll, My Photo Stream) and I’m attempting to transfer these to my Windows pc (Win 7).

I connected the phone to pc and synced itunes etc. The thing that confuses me is that I can access photos in My Computer (Portable Devices) but not in My Computer (icloud Photos). The latter just shows all the old photos that my wife took and none of my recent ones. I signed out of my wife’s icloud account on the iphone and signed in with my itunes password etc so thought that the cloud would show my photos as well now.

Am I missing something?

Do I have to set up “Family Sharing” or something on the phone?

Apologies if confusing or obvious answer but still trying to understand all these Apple systems!!

Thanks for your time.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 12:28 PM

4 replies

Mar 4, 2015 12:38 PM in response to Eurosceptic

If it's like the case I met before, then try right click the device icon in My computer and choose something like "import video and photo". It will create a new folder in My picture and copy things there. The stupid new ios system stopped simply saving photoes in DCIM folder, instead the photoes are "protected"(hided) in a subfolder you cannot reach.

Mar 4, 2015 2:49 PM in response to golemium

Thanks for response.

I was able to access all my recent photos by clicking device icon as you state. I didn't use tthe import function as I only selected a few and copied those across. I'm still a bit confused by this "icloud photos"icon that appears in My Computer? If I double click then it opens only older photos in folder named My Photo Stream (The very same folder can be accessed via users/my pictures/icloud photos. I've checked iCloud settings and it's set to download all photos etc.

Thanks anyway.

Transferring photos from iphone to Windows pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.