Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After restoring bookmarks from Time Machine, iCloud keeps changing them back.

Is there a way to force iCloud to choose the bookmarks from safari on my computer?

When I turn on Safari sharing in iCloud, it merges, and messes things up.

I'm running latest Yosemite and iOS8 on all devices.

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 12:49 PM

Disable Safari synchronizaion on all your devices. Restore the bookmarks you want. Re-enable sync on the Mac, then on the other devices.

6 replies

Mar 4, 2015 1:55 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks Linc. I just tried it. Turned of Safari sync on all devices, but when I turn on Safari sync on my computer to start things off, it's still getting the old data from somewhere. Maybe it's storing it in the cloud and I need to delete that data somehow? I definitely turned off sync on all possible devices.

Thanks for helping! I really appreciate it.

Mar 4, 2015 2:51 PM in response to Linc Davis

Almost there! I got my computer to keep the correct bookmarks, but now I can't get my iOS devices to get the bookmarks back. They're still showing the blank, deleted bookmarks from the cloud. Maybe it takes awhile for all the bookmarks to upload to iCloud? I've been fiddling with things, restarting computer, iphone, toggling safari iCloud sharing on and off with computer etc.

After restoring bookmarks from Time Machine, iCloud keeps changing them back.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.