Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad has packed it in in France. Can I get ibooks on my windows notebook and download new purchaces?

How can I get the ibooks app on my windows notebook to download a purchase from the ibooks store? my ipad has packed it in in France.

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 12:58 PM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 11:22 PM in response to Chigorin

You can't get the iBooks app on a PC, it's only available on iOS devices and Mac computers which have Mavericks or Yosemite on them,

You can buy ibooks via iTunes on your PC, and potentially redownload past purchased ibooks via the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage - whilst you are in France you can only use the France iTunes store.

But the majority of ibooks can only be read in the iBooks apps on iOS devices and Mac computers. If they are free ibooks or from a publisher that doesn't use digital rights management on them (e.g. O'Reilly) then you might be able to read them on a PC e.g. via Calibre - but most ibooks you won't be able to open.

my ipad has packed it in in France. Can I get ibooks on my windows notebook and download new purchaces?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.