Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MBP drops my wi-fi connection through the Airport Extreme.

My MBP often drops my wi-fi connection through the Airport Extreme even within close range. The wi-fi diagnostics show the Internet and Server as red, but when prompted to [continue] with respond with "Your Internet connections appears to be working correctly." and the wi-fi status returns to all green. What is happening and how do I isolate the problem?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Glossy), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 6:19 AM

Hello Rob in OP,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your MacBook Pro Wi-Fi has been unexpectedly dropping Wi-Fi signal. Because you have already run the diagnostics, the next steps I would recommend are located in the attached article below.

Wi-Fi: How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity - Apple Support

Symptom: The network connection drops unexpectedly

• Your Mac may not not stay connected to your Wi-Fi network reliably.
  • Your Mac may stop accessing the Internet during use.

Solution

Use these steps if your computer disconnects from its Wi-Fi network unexpectedly.

1. Check your range to the Wi-Fi router and reduce the effect of interference.

If your computer is too far from your Wi-Fi router or your environment has too much Wi-Fi interference, then your computer may not detect the Wi-Fi network properly. The easiest way to check for range limits with your Wi-Fi network is to move your computer or your Wi-Fi router closer together and make sure that there are no obstructions (such as walls, cabinets, and so forth) between the router and your computer.

See Potential sources of wireless interference for more information about interference and solutions.
  2. Try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network. If your computer works fine when connected to a different Wi-Fi network, then the issue may be related to your network router or ISP. In that case, contact the manufacturer of your router or your ISP.

Have a great day,

Joe

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 6:19 AM in response to Rob in OP

Hello Rob in OP,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your MacBook Pro Wi-Fi has been unexpectedly dropping Wi-Fi signal. Because you have already run the diagnostics, the next steps I would recommend are located in the attached article below.

Wi-Fi: How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity - Apple Support

Symptom: The network connection drops unexpectedly

• Your Mac may not not stay connected to your Wi-Fi network reliably.
  • Your Mac may stop accessing the Internet during use.

Solution

Use these steps if your computer disconnects from its Wi-Fi network unexpectedly.

1. Check your range to the Wi-Fi router and reduce the effect of interference.

If your computer is too far from your Wi-Fi router or your environment has too much Wi-Fi interference, then your computer may not detect the Wi-Fi network properly. The easiest way to check for range limits with your Wi-Fi network is to move your computer or your Wi-Fi router closer together and make sure that there are no obstructions (such as walls, cabinets, and so forth) between the router and your computer.

See Potential sources of wireless interference for more information about interference and solutions.
  2. Try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network. If your computer works fine when connected to a different Wi-Fi network, then the issue may be related to your network router or ISP. In that case, contact the manufacturer of your router or your ISP.

Have a great day,

Joe

My MBP drops my wi-fi connection through the Airport Extreme.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.