Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two iPhones - one syncs reminders, the other doesn't

I have two iPhones - one is a work-issued phone (an iPhone 5), and the other (a 5S) is my personal phone. I've also got an iPad Air. All of them have the most current iOS (8.1.3). For some reason, the Reminders app on my 5S won't sync with the other devices.

If I create a reminder on my 5, or on my iPad, or on iCloud, it will instantly update on all of those devices. But not on the 5S. If I create a reminder on my 5S, it seems to upload to the others (and, actually, I did it just now and all of a sudden it synced everything else from the other devices).

Any ideas why my 5S won't pull down updates on Reminders?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1, null

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 3:09 AM

Hi EdHDC,

I would suggest to disable and then re-enable iCloud-Sync for your account on your phone (Settings > iCloud). I hope it helps.

With kind regards,

David

4 replies

Mar 5, 2015 6:04 AM in response to david.menzel

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested (I think I've tried that in the past, to varying degrees of success) and once I turned sync back on, it did download the current list of reminders. However, when I created one on the 5, it still hasn't shown up on the 5S, some 15 minutes later (although it immediately showed up on the iPad). I'm puzzled as to why that one phone just won't seem to sync like the others do...

Mar 5, 2015 6:43 AM in response to david.menzel

I believe so, since it shows up on icloud.com - and if I put a new entry on the same list on the problem phone (5S), it uploads to the other devices just fine. It seems as if the 5S just doesn't want to pull things down from the cloud. And I've tried it on multiple lists (grocery, reminders, tasks) and it's the same drill.

Two iPhones - one syncs reminders, the other doesn't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.